Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fell off the horse... :(

I was going along gangbusters.  Feeling all 'gung ho' in the lead up to the start of Round 3, I was down 3kgs and flying high!

Kickoff day last Monday and I smashed the prescribed Mish outdoor workout, recorded my 1200 calories on CalorieKing...  Then something happened.  I fell in a hole.  I got very stressed at work and didn't have time to record my measurements or do the fitness test.  I have a pinched sciatic nerve that is making running difficult - well, let's be honest, not just running, but walking and sleeping too.  I had bad tummy cramps for a few days and my trusty fur trainer is being VERY naughty because she's used to being trained hard every single day and suddenly her routine went out the window...  I ate ALL the peanut M&Ms in the office that I normally serve to clients.  Don't know why.  I normally don't even think about them and am not a compulsive eater. 

So at the end of the first week, I am still at the start.  I haven't lost or gained anything, which is definitely a good thing given my incredibly poor form.  I very quickly swapped my obsession with peanut M&Ms for the Sookie Stackhouse novels (anyone seen True Blood? - it's based on this series of books).  Mind candy like this is definitely a lower calorie alternative than peanut M&Ms, but it doesn't build much lean muscle.  I've read nine of them in the past 2.5 weeks.  And now I'm in love with a fictional character.  Who is a vampire. Sigh...

So.  I've done my shopping and preparation for the week ahead, measured and weighed myself and recorded all the details online (yeah, I will do it again on Wednesday so I'm in the right sequence with everyone else) and am sitting here in my exercise clothes being tormented by the dog who is DESPERATE for a run to the beach.

I am SO determined to be at my goal by Christmas.  And I know after last time (12WBT - Round 1), that all I have to do is stick to the plan.  One day at a time.  And in 11 weeks I will be almost there...  It's not that hard.  And I CAN do it!

Wish me luck!

And good luck to everyone else in Week 2!

Phoenix

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you had got to!

    I've read the first three sookie stackhouse books and am dying for season 4 of True Blood to start! (lol I even have vampire pj's, a 'I heart vampires shirt, a twilight shirt, and all the twilight books and movies... sigh).

    Don't stress out - you can jump right back in and get moving. Go back to your 'excuses' page and write it all in, and how you are going to deal with it next time (coz there is always a next time!). I think it is best to have a bad run at the start as you feel a lot more able to get back in and still get results then if it happens in the middle or toward the end of the challenge.

    You don't need luck - just good planning and preparation and a few kicks up the butt! lolo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Phoenix!

    What are you going to do differently this week to make it work for you??
    That's the question I had to ask myself before kicking off Rd 3 - I had a shocking Rd 2!

    Hope you can get yourself back on track this week and have a really good week!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete